The Freya, a vertical axis wind turbine for on or off-grid residential applications
The Freya is built for those who seek to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
These durable, reliable turbines increase owners’ energy independence on or off-grid while providing power at low wind speeds with minimal maintenance.
Combining aesthetics with an expertly engineered design, the IceWind team designed the Freya to generate reliable power while looking like a piece of moving art. The Freya utilizes unparalleled material selection in conjunction with innovative blade implementation to generate electricity when owners need it most, from breezes to blizzards to hurricanes.
- Innovative blade design – Features two sets of blades (one inner and one outer), providing low start-up speeds, lift for greater power output, and self-speed regulation
- Longevity – Engineered to last and generate consistent power for over 25 years, with negligible operation and maintenance cost alongside de-icing and hydrophobic coatings
- Power in any condition – Begins rotating and generating power at only 4.5 miles per hour wind speeds, and can continue spinning and generating power up to hurricane wind conditions (140+ mile per hour speeds)
- Sustainability – Manufactured through sustainable methods and serves to reduce carbon emissions and reduce overreliance on fossil fuels
- Aesthetic – Built to pair the realms of artistic design and engineering beautifully
- Coastal, cold, and windy regions
- Off-grid locations such as cabins, trailers, barns, and homes
- On-grid homes with plenty of surrounding space
Survival speed – 130 mph / 60 m/s
Startup wind speed – 4.5 mph / 2m/s
Cut in wind speed – 5.5 mph / 2.5 ms
Rated power – 160 W
Max power – 600 W
Rated wind speed – 22 mph / 10 m/s
Noise Level – <30 dB
Height – 5 ft / 1.5m
Diameter – 4.5 ft / 1.4m
Weight – 143 lbs / 65 kg
Generator – 500 W AFPMG
Number of blades – 3 Inner, 3 Outer (6 Total)
Interested In IceWind USA?
Please sign up for our email list for news and other exciting info.